An excavator machine consists of two parts: a basis of tractor and shovel. Most devices driver control tractor; only one controls the blade. The best way to learn how to handle a bulldozer is looking to a professional and then practice under their supervision. However, it is essential that you understand how all devices on these machines work before starting.
- Turn the key to start the engine of the excavator machine.
- Support your foot on the brake when you start driving. Be prepared to stop the machine at any time you need.
- Use your left lever for controlling movement of the excavator machine. Press the lever in the direction you want to go the machine.
- Press the pedal to slow the bulldozer. This pedal is located beside the brake.
- Use the lever to your right to control the blade of the bulldozer.
- To level an area, lower the blade until the ground. Then move the machine forward. Collect shovel earth, leaving the smooth area. Raise the blade to deposit land elsewhere.
Tips & Warnings
- The first time you use a bulldozer, practiced in a small area. Use the mechanisms correctly can take time and experience.
- Do not try to use a bulldozer on a slope, in a steep area or other such soil.